Voluntary 1.6 Software Rollback
Introduction & Requirements
Please perform the following steps to roll back your Vector to the 1.6 firmware update. When done correctly, you will not lose any personal user data, and your Vector will retain his memory.
Please Note: It may take from 24-72 hours (1-3 business days) for these changes to be reflected in our server. This means that your Vector may re-update to 1.7 in that time. If you would like, you may wait for 72 hours before you attempt the rollback. If you take these steps immediately, your Vector may re-update to 1.7, but you can always follow this procedure again. If your Vector updates back to 1.7 outside of this timeframe, it is likely that there is an issue with the submitted serial number. Contact us if you need assistance with this issue.
- A smartphone or mobile device, such as an Android phone or iPhone
- GPS Services (Location), Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi must all be turned ON.
- Your phone MUST be connected to the same 2.4GHz network as Vector.
- Vector Robot App
- You MUST complete the Rollback Form
- If you do not fill out the Rollback Form, your Vector will re-update.
Voluntary Rollback Procedure:
We will use Recovery Mode to force Vector to boot up on factory firmware and then update Vector to 1.6 firmware.
- Vector must on his charger and plugged into a power source (be sure to push him all the way to the back of the charger - you will see the LEDs flashing)
- Press and hold Vector’s Back Button for ~15 seconds in total until the rectangle furthest away from the circle LED lights up bluish white
- He will reboot and show "anki.com/v" on his screen
- Tap Vector's Back button twice to enter Pairing Mode
- Open the Vector Robot app on your smart device and reconnect to Vector
- Select the correct 4-character Vector identifier to pair the robot
- Vector will update to the 1.6 firmware. This may take anywhere from 5-30 minutes, depending upon Internet connection speed.
- Set Vector back up and choose your preferences.
You Vector will now run the 1.6 firmware and will no longer update to 1.7. Digital Dream Labs will investigate options for users to choose their preferred firmware to load when future firmware revisions are released.