Firmware Loading: "Downgrade Not Allowed" Error
The "Downgrade Not Allowed" error may appear when attempting to load firmware from the Escape Pod. This error usually results from the following issue:
- Vector is not booted into the 0.9.0 firmware when attempting to load new firmware files
- Boot Vector into Firmware Recovery Mode:
- Place Vector onto his charger.
- Press and hold Vector’s Back Button for around 15 seconds in total until the rectangle furthest away from the circle LED lights up blueish white
- He will reboot and show "anki.com/v" on his screen
- Enter pairing mode by double-tapping Vector's back button while he is on his charger.
- Refresh the Onboarding page, then click "Pair With Vector" and try firmware loading again after entering the PIN from Vector's screen.