Onboarding: "Can't Add New Device" Error
During Escape Pod Onboarding, you may occasionally see an error that says "can't add new device: can't init hci: no devices available: (hci0: can't up device: connection timed out)". This error means that you may have tried a new pairing connection before the Escape Pod was ready.
- Retry the pairing connection (Note: You may need to do this 2-3 times in very rare cases)
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Refresh the Onboarding page.
- Click "Pair With Vector" again.
- Reboot the Raspberry Pi:
- Locate the power cord for the Raspberry Pi.
- Disconnect the power cord from the Raspberry Pi
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Re-insert the power cord into the Raspberry Pi.
- Wait for 2 minutes for the Pi to finish booting the Escape Pod software.
- Refresh the page, then retry pairing with Vector.