Download the Drive & OVERDRIVE Android APKs
If you need a copy of the End-Of-Life Anki DRIVE, OVERDRIVE, or OVERDRIVE: Fast & Furious Edition installation packages for Android, you may download them here.
If you've already downloaded the OVERDRIVE app from the Google Play or Amazon Appstore stores and are experiencing issues with the app, these apk files will not fix those issues. These download apks are for customers who are requesting an End-Of-Life app.
For specifics about supported Android and Amazon Kindle devices please refer to these articles:
For more details about device compatibility, for some suggestions on how to potentially use your device, and for a link to an .apk file, please refer to this article:
If your device does not meet the Minimum requirements or has been intentionally excluded from installing OVERDRIVE / Fast & Furious Edition apps, while you can still download and install the apk, you may not be able to play single player games, you may not be able to host multiplayer games, and the quality of your experience using these app may be problematic or it may not work at all
You will only be able to play multiplayer games when someone with a compatible Android device is hosting. To play multiplayer games, all participants must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network and with some routers on the same network channel.
In order to use this software, you must enable and keep enabled the following setting:
Settings > More > Security, then make sure Unknown sources (Allow installation of applications from both trusted and unknown sources.) is enabled (checked).
This setting can potentially lower the overall security of your device. Please consult the terms, policies and guidance from your device manufacturer.
To download the Drive apk file and required package files on your Android device, use the link below.
DRIVE Application Package
To download the OVERDRIVE apk file and required package files on your Android device, use the link below.
OVERDRIVE: Fast & Furious Edition
To download the OVERDRIVE: Fast & Furious Edition apk file and required package files on your Android device, use the link below.
- Download the APK package for each app that you would like to install.
- Open your mobile device's file manager. In the Downloads folder (or wherever the app was saved after download), long press on the zipped package file name. A dialog box should appear.
- Click "Unzip" or "Extract" to unzip the APK package into a new folder.
- Navigate to the new folder. Click on the .apk file to open an installation dialog box. Click "Install". Do not launch the app yet.
- If you receive a security error, please go into the Settings app of your mobile device.
- Find the Security section.
- Look for an option to be able to "Install apps from unknown sources." Enable this option.
- Go back to the beginning of Step 4 and reattempt installation.
- In your File Manager, navigate back to the folder with the APK you just installed.
- Use the Copy or Move function in your device to select and move/copy both of the ".obb" files into the following directory in your phone's Internal Storage: "Android/obb/<app package name>"
- For DRIVE, this will be "Android/obb/com.anki.drive"
- For OVERDRIVE, this will be "Android/obb/com.anki.overdrive"
- For OVERDRIVE: Fast & Furious Edition, this will be "Android/obb/com.anki.foxtrot"
- You may now launch the app and start the race!